Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear Mrs. Obama.....


Call me crazy, but, I am writing a letter to the First Lady. (Um, cautttte necklace, Mrs. Obama!! Very Jackie O-esk.) Anyway, I want, I mean really really reallllly want to help decorate the White House for Christmas this year. I watched a special on HGTV a few weeks ago about the decorating process and I've been dreaming about it ever since. I mean, seriously, I couldn't sleep one night because I was decorating Christmas tree samples in my head. ha! I even asked my husband if he would mind having a Christmas tree set up in our house all year-- you know, so I can come up with themed trees and send photos in with my application. (Apparently, multiple letters requesting the job is the thing to do...) He actually said yes. What'ta Guy! I googled how to apply, and all I have to do is write Mrs. Obama a letter asking to be selected and toot my own horn about my decorating skillz... That part makes me slightly uncomfortable, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Do you think I'll earn points because my children were named after Presidents and our future dog (ugggh :P) is named Truman? I can only hope.




The Tree Being Delivered to the First Family... *insert warm fuzzy feeling here*




Can I move in?

Military Tree...

The White House Gingerbread House.
The outside is made of white chocolate
and the inside is solid gingerbread.

Beautiful! These pictures make my patriotic heart skip. a. beat.


I may be one of the most patriotic people you'll ever meet. I may have even been known to hang pictures of Presidents in my home.... and my daughter could recite the first 12 Presidents before she was 2... My friends joke that they should say the pledge when they walk in. (Not a bad idea.....) and yup, you guessed it.... my favorite holiday?


The Fourth of July.......


(Mrs. Obama, just in-case you're reading this... PRETTY PLEAAAAASE pick me!! ------With a cherry on top? My letter is in the mail.)


"If my people, which are called by my name,

shall humble themselves, and pray,

and seek my face,

and turn from their wicked ways;

then will I hear from heaven,

and will forgive their sin,

and will heal their land."

2 Chronicles 7:14





3 comments:

  1. Good luck! My fave holiday is ALSO 4th of July! Go fireworks! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think we will have to dub your hubby "The Patriot" for letting his house stay so presidential. hehe ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. E, I will so totally want to hear all about it when you get back next year!! I hope you get picked!! Nel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails