Friday, January 28, 2011

Be Mine...

Valentine's Day cards...
When I was little, my sister and I made ALL our Valentines to exchange at school. My mom was an art teacher and would never give in to store bought Valentines no matter how much we begged! Now, I LOVE a handmade card and there are so many adorable ideas out there! I was looking through my Valentine box and found a couple Lulu made in years past...

Here is a cutie heart mouse...so sweet!


One big heart for his body and two little ones for his ears.
A little snip of ribbon for a tail.



Lulu LOVED the book Rainbow Fish and this little guy reminded us of that book.
Plus, we loved to use glitter glue! ☺



His body is just three hearts glued together.


My mom still makes me a Valentine's Day card every year. She just saves fun scraps of paper and odds and ends and glues it all together into a collage of prettiness!



Now, let me tell you about a gift I received for Christmas that would make a very nice Valentine's Day present for any lucky girl!! You can start dropping hints to the hubby. I had wanted to find a new perfume but didn't know what I liked and there are about a million out there. I spent a lot of time spraying different ones on those little tester papers but it became overwhelming and we all know a perfume can smell totally different once it is on your skin. Well, the Mayor somehow found his way to Sephora (what a guy!) and they sell the coolest box of 12 perfume samples. You can try them all and then there is a voucher in the box that you bring back to the store and receive one bottle of the scent you liked best! COOL! I have been working my way through them and so far I think my favorite is Versace Bright Crystal. All in all it is a very neat gift idea! Thanks to the Mayor for such a girly gift!

LOVE IT!

Nel's smile for the week: The Mayor turned 40 on Wednesday! Ha, we are both old now!
Nel's frown for the week: I was going to organize my pantry (things are falling on my head...it is bad) but other stuff came up...next week for sure! It will get done!

Lulu's smile for the week: Lulu participated in Junior High Solo Festival last Friday. She plays the oboe. She was sooo nervous but she did great!! Hopefully her score is high enough that she will be chosen for the All County band or orchestra, they only take 4 oboes total.
Lulu's frown for the week: Lulu is on her way to braces, this week she had spacers put in her back teeth and her teeth were so sore all week! Poor girl, we all remember those days!


1 comment:

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails